Choosing a fencing company for your home or business doesn’t have to be a difficult task. While not all fencing companies can offer you the same benefits, there’s a core list of decision-making factors that can make the fencing contractor selection easy. In this post we will discuss the most common mistakes to avoid and some of the most important criteria to consider.
Avoid the Biggest Mistake When Selecting a Fencing Company
The biggest mistake when selecting a fencing company is to simply make the decision on pricing alone. While going to Craigslist and finding a handyman to install your next fencing project may sound good and actually work in some parts of the country, this is a very bad idea in the Dallas–Fort Worth Metroplex. The Greater Dallas area receives extreme winds and temperatures, combined with sandy soil making fencing installation a task better suited for professionally trained, experienced fencing contractors.
Even the most adept handyman can end up costing you much more than a professional contractor. Unless they work day-to-day with different types of fencing in different cities in the Metroplex, you could end up paying much more in the long run than you saved initially, due to poorly completed projects and ineffective materials. This adds unnecessary expense to your fencing project.
The key to a successful fencing project is to work with a company that is adequately insured, like Cambridge Fence, and is competitive in pricing so you don’t pay a little now and much more later.
5 Key Areas for Selecting the Best Fencing Company
1. Experience. Every service-oriented business on the Internet boasts experience at some point on their site. Some sites even specify how many years of experience they have. Again, what exactly does this mean? Does this mean the owner has 20 years of experience, but the working crew has two? Does this mean that they have 20 years of experience with chain-link fences, but maybe only three for wood fences?
Finding out how many years of experience of the crew working on your particular fencing needs is vitally important. For example, at Cambridge Fence, experience doesn’t end at the top. We have a very experienced crew and would be happy to discuss the specifics for your fencing needs. Contact us now to learn more.
2. Materials. The use of quality materials, with long-term guarantees to reinforce their longevity is vitally important when selecting your next fencing contractor. Take ornamental iron fencing, for example. A lot of Dallas fencing companies use iron fencing material that is guaranteed for five years or so. At Cambridge Fence, we use the impeccable Ameristar quality fencing systems which can come with full 20-year guarantees. Don’t settle for inferior materials.
3. Quality installation. Even if you use the best materials and have an experienced installation team working on your residential or commercial property, if they’re not using the very best supporting systems for that fence to stand up to the soil and weather of Dallas–Fort Worth, it can lead to costly fencing repairs down the road.
A fencing company like Cambridge Fence (that does both fencing repair and fencing installation) is a great start when looking for a quality fence company. The reason for this is simple: when you are fixing and mending fencing on a regular basis, you see what kinds of installation systems aren’t working effectively or need more reinforcement.
At Cambridge Fence, we see sagging and damaged wood fencing every day. To help prevent this wear and tear, we use techniques such as using 2×4 rails on our cedar fences, not the more common 2×3 rails. We also use four 2×4 rails on our eight-foot fencing and three on our six-foot fencing for added support.
4. Dedication. Nobody will argue that being dedicated to your craft is just one area that separates good companies from bad companies. This means being active in trade associations and acquiring prestigious certifications within the industry.
Cambridge Fence owner, Chad Dunaway, is one of a select few to have achieved a “Certified Fence Professional” certification (distinguishes professionals from average contractors) and is also involved with the Texas Fence Association, which is a braintrust of other fencing companies sharing the latest information related to the fencing industry.
5. Proof. In the end, a picture is worth a thousand words. While any business can add legitimate testimonials to their website, seeing actual proof and pictures of previous jobs is vital to determine the quality of a fencing company.
At the very least, a fencing company should have a list of recognizable and prestigious clients that have trusted them, such as Cambridge Fence, who has completed projects for high-profile companies like Pepsi, Lockheed Martin, and the SPCA of Texas, just to name a few.
Knowing the right criteria to select your next fencing company can go a long way in helping you save time, money, and to secure the very best fencing investment you deserve. Give Cambridge Fence a call today. We are your next fencing company.